Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wulia Wedding Weekend: Highlights and Recap

It is hard for me to put this weekend into words. Will is one of my dearest friends from William and Mary. Julia has become one of my closest girl friends. This was also my first wedding of a close friend that I've had the chance to attend. It was absolutely gorgeous and perfect.

I obviously tweeted the deets all weekend (Cohen says he is glad I take that role so seriously), but here are some highlights from the four days. Trying to rank them in chronological order.

  • The Drive Up. Kylie, Cohen, Stephen, and I left Williamsburg around 4:30 (about an hour after we had planned) and the boys had a boat to catch for Will's pirate ship bachelor party. Stephen had to provide the pirate costume (complete with parrot) so us getting there on time was crucial. Our GPS estimated we would get to Baltimore right as the ship was leaving dock. Somehow on a Memorial Day weekend Friday, during rush hour, having no clue where we were going, we arrive with a half hour to spare. And Kylie and I had to drive through Baltimore to find the hotel as the two most anxious drivers in the world. We found THE LAST parking spot in the parking garage of our hotel. #wuliaweddingmiracle
  • The Bachelorette Party. The only girls I knew prior to the bachelorette party were Kylie, Kelly, and Julia. But as soon as we arrived, we got to know each other very well very quickly. There were private shopping experiences, slushies, dancing, and I became instant best friends with Jane, Sladky's girl friend who I met for the first time that night. Kelly and I took a picture with a 'sassy' face that instantly became a hit on facebook. It was almost the most embarrassing picture of me I've ever seen. Kelly did an amazing job organizing the bachelorette party!
  • Team Dragon Elite. Because we were not in the wedding party, Kylie, Mike, Jane, and I decided to get dinner at the Inner Harbor. We walked so many places to find seafood, but decided on sushi because we were starving. Afterwards, we rented dragon paddle boats, tweeted the deets (and Mike got so excited about the hashtags he was coming up with.) Then we got Rita's (even though we whined to Mike that it did not count as real ice cream) and watched kiddies played in the fountains on our walk home.
Mike and Jane and Kylie at dinner

  • Wedding Day! Kelly and I ate breakfast in the hotel and caught up on all of the important things. We rode a charter bus to the beautiful country outside of Baltimore to the Bleser home. There was the most delicious appetizers and then catering from a food truck! I had an amazing veggie burger. Even though it took hours of annoying the DJ, he finally played "Call Me Maybe". #wuliaweddingmiracle
Waiting for the ceremony to begin!

  • Home. Now the summer officially begins. It will take at least a week of recovering from the wedding weekend, but it was so great to spend time with the people I call my chosen family.


No comments:

Post a Comment