Monday, December 17, 2012

I need to take more pictures...

The weekend looked something like this....

Friday, Mike and I had Dangerously Delicious pies for dinner (a strangely delicious curry tofu pie, a yummy pork bbq pie, and pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream!). I can't believe it took me this long to try Dangerously Delicious. Then we went to see the Hobbit. I won't spoil the movie for you, but there was a lot of walking and eating and Howard Shore. Gollum stole the show, per usual. The highlight of the movie for me was when Mike got a free popcorn voucher with his Regal card and, since neither of us wanted popcorn, he let me go to the cashier and tell them to give it to the next person who came to order popcorn. Popcorn is $6.00!

Of course, Gollum still creeps me out and, when Mike found that out, of course he began talking like him. Bane, Tommy Wiseau, Gollum....he's not limited by creepiness.
http://purplepond.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gollum.jpg


Saturday involved a 7 mile run with MJJ to the TJ memorial (I'd also never been there). I had only wanted to complete 6 miles (never the overachiever in my half marathon training plan), but apparently MJJ is a track star who never trains then always outruns me. Steph W. and Josh also had scheduled a day-long LOTR (extended edition) marathon complete with 7 hobbit meals. I am distraught I was only able to attend a portion since my sisters and I always dreamed of daylong LOTR marathons, but I got to see Aragorn re-gain the throne, eat some of the best pot-roast ever, and my faith in Peter Jackson was momentarily restored.

Sunday was a Secret Santa gift exchange with the GGSS crew. Sara got me an absolutely adorable bracelet and gloves...what she does not know is that earlier that night I was searching through my jewelry for a gold bracelet because it would have gone with my outfit and I realized I didn't have one at all! Mind-reading Santa! This was also the night Noah's birthday was being celebrated with a rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar, a Broadway musical I'm unfamiliar with (what else is new?) so I was able to reprise my role as an audience member while all of my talented friends entertain me through their singing and dancing. After a lovely dinner at Emily's and discussing the Redskins' win, the weekend was over.

And here I am. Monday again. Five days until vacation. It's gray and balmy outside. DC weather as weird as ever. But Christmas is coming.


2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do a day-long LotR marathon, too! We should arrange this for ourselves at some point soon.

    I'm thinking I'll come to DC in early January, like maybe the 6th? I want to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah that would be perfect! my birthday is the 4th so i'll be taking a lot of that week and weekend off for work!

      Delete