Monday, June 2, 2014

Bridal/Birthday/Brunch Weekend

Quite the big weekend!

Work Retreat

First of all, in the middle of the week, I had a work retreat on the eastern shore of Maryland. We stayed for the work day in a vacation house out in the country where it was unbelievably and amazingly quiet. I got to ride on a speedboat with my coworkers and look at all of the beautiful, expensive houses that exist out there (including the one from Wedding Crashers) and before we left we ate freshly cooked Maryland blue crabs that one of our board members brought to us! We couldn't eat half of the bushel because there were SO many so I decided to bring some leftover to Mike. Picture me riding on the metro with a paper bag full of crabs (that distinctively smell like crabs) and one of the crab claws has punched through the paper bag. I was not being sneaky at all. Oh well! Can't let delicious crab go to waste!
Maxi, one of the dogs who joined us on retreat, enjoying the boat ride!

Little's Bridal Shower

My little's bridal shower was this weekend in Manassas and I have never been to a shower that was more put together. Her mom did an amazing job and I kept telling her I wanted to take pictures of everything. So I did:) I got to meet the other bridesmaids and reunite with some of my sorority sisters and I'm getting so excited for the wedding next month! I picked up my dress and have to get it altered and have to find silver shoes too! 
Katie (Jenny's sister) and Jenny. Superstar sisters.
Bridesmaids table set up with how she knew each of us. Actually the dress Abbey is wearing on the right is our dress, except it's in coral.
Bridesmaids and bride picture. Brita, Katie, Jenny, Nicole, Sarah, Me, Abbey.

Opening presents!

Megan's Birthday

Saturday evening, I got together with some high school friends in Northern Virginia to celebrate Megan's birthday. We went to a Japanese restaurant and I got a bento box that came with so much sushi that I couldn't eat it all! Mike's mom has seen what I can do to a bento box before so this really was quite a lot of sushi. I actually ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. The price was really good too compared to what sushi costs in the city. We went to see a cover band and danced to nineties and country songs and have vowed to get together again soon!

Ambar Brunch and Farmer's Market

I made plans on Sunday to get together with one of my coworkers, Alicia (she took Mike's commencement pictures!), on Sunday, and Mike/Kay/&Absi were getting brunch nearby 30 minutes before I had to meet Alicia. If it wasn't one of my new favorite places in Eastern Market, Ambar, I might not have attempted to eat in 30 minutes, but the cheese pie and poached pear waffle were totally worth it. Ambar also has a bottomless brunch deal that I don't think can be beat in the city so I'm determined to go back when I have longer to enjoy it:)

Found 3 anchor/chevron coasters for $10.00 at the farmer's market and had to get them!




 This Weekend

I'll be joining Mike and people at the beach this Friday and flying by myself down there (eep!). I've never flown by myself before, but beach weekend is something worth facing fears for because it's probably my 2nd favorite annual weekend. (1st being NYE reunion weekend which wins because I've been doing it longer.) Thus, I have lots of time to clean, work out (I just signed up for 2 races this month, 2 of which I'm currently not trained for), read, and NOT watch Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones is a show Mike and I watch together and he has made me promise not to watch it without him, though I've tried convincing him of all the ways we could distance watch it together (like have a Game of Thrones webinar or something....). Anyway, he's not budging and, thus, I'll just have to avoid social media the entire week because I know something insane happened! No spoilers, people!

Hope you all have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment