Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fourth, Wimbledon, Happy Hours, & Baby Showers

Fourth

Mike and I spent our Fourth of July at our friend Josh's (and Steph and Ross and Dan) much-anticipated 4th of July Roof Party. We watched the downtown fireworks not-to-be-overshadowed by the fireworks just from the block party on a street two blocks from the roof. Unfortunately, my allergies (or cold? because I can't tell the difference) went crazy right before the fireworks and so we left shortly after. However, I tried to snag a few pictures in between sneezes.


Bad picture, but it helps give you the idea.


Sick Independence Day selfie!

I like this one:) See the tiny monument on the left!

Wimbledon

On Sunday after the Fourth, we had our annual Wimbledon Breakfast. Absi, Carlos, and Alicia helped us eat some of our spread which included the usual cucumber sandwiches with herbed goat cheese spread (delicious!), pitcher of Pimm's Cup cocktail, hot tea, muffins, meat and cheese platter, and strawberries with angel food cake and fresh whipped-cream! Mike did a great job making the whipped cream:) Unfortunately (GAH), Roger lost in 5 sets, BUT you can never really complain when you get to watch 5 sets of tennis awesomeness. Looking forward to the US Open already!

Roger and our foodsss.

Refuse to Lose! & Goodbye Happy Hour

Because we are very much in a tennis mood now, Kelly and I went to see the Kastles Wednesday night. There were no real current big names, but some past big names definitely, including Martina Hingis! It was so nice to see live tennis in a different style. They really try to make this tennis league spicier than the Grand Slams, including getting the crowd to cheer on the local team. One chant was "Refuse to Lose" and I brought Mike back a free sign they gave out with that slogan on it. I told him it was to hang up for when he studies the rest of this month.




The next night Mike and I went to a happy hour to say goodbye to Matt and Cori who are moving to California while Cori starts her MBA:( So excited for them, but sad to say goodbye. We snapped a picture with Kellex while being goofy...

I missed the open mouth memo.

Tiff's Baby Shower

My stepsister, Tiffany, is expecting a baby girl at the end of August and she had her baby shower today at my mom and stepdad's house in Virginia. Because my sister was busy that morning and my mom had to help set up for the shower, I arrived early to take care of my favorite little man. Of course, I took a good number of pictures.

This face.

THIS face.

Chilling in the pool<3

I was basically a personal lazy river for him.

#hardcoreauntiemode


Tomorrow, I might get to hang out with Ashton on his first trip to the zoo! And this upcoming weekend I'll be in Philadelphia at my Little's wedding (my first as a bridesmaid!). Next week's post will be a doozy, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment