Friday, October 26, 2012

Hashtags and Falafel

Bye Bye Debate Season

I will not miss debate season because the debates taught me anything. If anything, they taught me that apparently no one thinks they can win an election by being honest or genuine and that style>content. So what will I miss about debate season?

The Debate Crew. The first and third debates I watched at Alex's house with some of my favorite people. We ate, drank, laughed, and tweeted our way through the awkward. They also saved me a lot of fact-checking because my friends are smart;) Kylie and Adam made it up for the 3rd debate and I hadn't seen them in so long. It was wonderful. I would honestly not mind debates every week if it meant I also got to get together with this favorite bunch of people. Also for everyone wondering who came up with that brilliant hashtag #welcometocandyland, yeah it was yours truly. (You cannot tell me that you don't feel good every time someone favorites your tweet or uses your hashtag. It's the little things.) #nobabies2012 will always have the top hashtag spot in my twitterverse.

Running


An impulsive decision was made this past Saturday (after a Bodypump class that I talked the boyfriend into doing with me) that we wanted to run to Amsterdam Falafel. We had done it once before, but I think I whined less this time until we got to the huge hill leading to the main street in Adams Morgan. We walked back and I was so sore the next day, but I think it was worth it for falafel and to not have to drive through the city. 

Happy Hour Adventures


It was only fitting to go to my first after work happy hour with Kelly, my person. If you don't know what person means, then you didn't go through a Grey's obsession phase like I did in undergrad. Technically my first after work happy hour was with her boyfriend, Alex, at the Pug, but I drank diet soda and vented stress to him while he watched a DC United game so I don't know if that really counts. Kelly and I met at Union Station and she had white wine while I drank blood orange bellinis. We talked about all the things you talk to your person about when you haven't had person time in a while: families, dads, friends, work, money, relationships, 'remember when' stories, everyone who has gotten married or pregnant since we last spoke, and getting a house together.....the usual. Of course, we had to have an adventure getting back to NE after. It involved waiting for a bus, walking to meet another bus, me remembering I left my bag at the bar, waiting in line for a cab...I think Alex was relieved when we finally showed up. We were tired, but so happy and I suppose that's the point of a happy hour.

This Weekend

I am running a Zombie 5k this weekend. I will both be a zombie and running from zombies so that should be fun and/or terrifying. I also have to go to a Halloween party and dress up as something. I am still not decided between Rogue, Glinda the Good Witch, a cheerleader (I stole my sister's old high school uniform), or I don't know....I'm bad at the costume thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment