Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Zombies, Halloween, Frankenstorm!

Well today was my first day back to work after a long wonderful 4-day weekend. Saturday morning, Mike and I participated in the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5K as zombies. (We initially signed up for this race in March, so I'm glad we followed our good feeling about the relationship.) We were up before the sun, again, for a running event, but this time we just got to scare people for 3 hours instead of running 6 miles. I thought the event was surprisingly well organized for being in the middle of nowhere outside of Baltimore with over 10,000 runners. The 5k was an obstacle course with runners being chased by zombies (us). If they lost all 3 of their flags, they were dead. Mike and I got our clothes all torn and messed up and then got makeup done. I'm pretty sure my makeup artist was recruited at the last minute to help push people through the queue (it was running behind schedule) as he just splotched dots of blood all over my face and called it a day. It was fuhreezing, but so much fun! I was the worst zombie ever and Mike was the best zombie ever. I could not keep a straight face hardly at all while going after runners, but I got better as the day went on.

Earlier in the day when I was incapable of keeping a straight face.

After the zombie race, we had planned to run in the 5k, but we were already exhausted from 3 hours of zombie-ing and I had hurt a tendon in my foot or something. Plus all of the runners had to swim through a river, crawl in a mud pit, and dunk in a pool at the finish and we had to get back to DC for a Halloween party and wouldn't have time to shower or clean off before getting in the car. Five Guys and frozen yogurt sounded like a much better idea so we did that instead. Tip: dunk your fries in the malt vinegar THEN in the ketchup.


Back in DC, we immediately started getting ready for the Halloween party hosted by Jeff, Mike, and Noah. Muttonchop Mike had no choice other than Wolverine so I had no choice other than Rogue.

Alex (Johnny Cash), Selena (Risky Business), and Moi.


Wolverine & Rogue and two awesome photobombers.

So on Sunday, there was this thing called the Frankenstorm to deal with. Luckily, it worked out to where I could spend the Hurricane having a Hurrication Party with the best people ever in NE. There was fondue, brownies, Netflix, and I had no work to do! Unlike people who are in school and can always do more work or read ahead, I got to do absolutely nothing except for reading for fun, cooking, and watching Netflix:) We did not even lose power once.

My sister in NYC was okay and, even though my family in NOVA just got power back this evening, I'm so grateful that things weren't worse here. My thoughts and prayers are with those who got the worst of Sandy.

Today, as evidenced by my out-of-character productivity, I was actually excited to get back to work. Let's hope that continues. Two more days till another weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment