Thursday, January 3, 2013

All I Wanted for Christmas

I remember at the beginning of the Christmas season being really stressed out about not being able to get everything on my Christmas bucket list done. There were so many presents to wrap, movies to watch, and baked goods to bake. However, I was more afraid of not living in the moment and taking in every experience to the fullest than of not doing everything perfectly.

After working two days in DC post-NYC trip, Mike and I set off for Christmas in North Carolina with his family. I felt extremely welcome by every one of Mike's family members. Some of my favorite memories of the trip:
  • Wrapping all of the presents in the back of the car including a very large cotton candy machine that Mike thought was fitting for his sister. 
  • A toffee Mike's mom makes with caramel, chocolate, and saltine crackers. It's phenomenal.
  • Watching Love Actually on Christmas Eve and Mike quoting lines from the movie the rest of the weekend.
  • A photo shoot with Mike's sister after we opened matching pajamas on Christmas Eve.
  • Listening to Mike's grandma explain how she can manage to get 12 dishes for one meal all done and ready at the same time. I am in awe of her.
  • Meeting Mike's god-parents and being welcomed into the most warm, southern home ever. (I was also sent home with a plate full of desserts.)
  • Eating at a local brunch spot in Chapel Hill and introducing Mike's mom and sister to grits with butter, pepper, and sugar. Even better when free:)
  • Les Miserables! (summary: it is worth dealing with the Russell Crowe for the Hugh Jackman).
And here are some pictures:

Yeah. I'm really bad at photo shoots.

PJ pic!

Christmas Day.


Tomorrow is my birthday! I can't believe I'm going to be 26. Seriously. But 25 has been so great to me and I can't wait for what 26 has in store. I love that my birthday only comes 3 days after a new year.

Get excited for New Years and birthday updates coming up!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like a beautiful Christmas! Isn't Mike's family the best? I just love them. So glad you had an amazing Christmas and best wishes for 26!

    ReplyDelete