Thursday, April 18, 2013

Warm-Weather Things I Can't Wait To Do

Because as soon as it starts getting warm, I must do EVERYTHING that cannot be done when it is cold. This is a bucket list of sorts.

Dreaming about summer, warm weather, and freedom (a much less stressful schedule starting May 18th) is what's going to get me through the next month. When we sprung forward with daylight savings, so many new opportunities opened up for me with more daylight: like post-work runs/productivity. Apparently, I get really unproductive after dark. 

I remember last summer when I was busy working in the Burg and would make weekend trips up to visit D.C. and every weekend was amazing. There were runs to Amsterdam Falafel (#willrunforfalafel), tours around the capitol with my pen pal, patio parties, weddings, brunches galore, and tons of summer movies (ohmygosh I hope Tommy Wiseau comes back this summer). I did most of my night running in Williamsburg and my day running in DC (because I felt safer in Williamsburg), but I really want to learn how to vary my running routine up here. As I remember, it's insanely hot in the summer here and I will probably have to start night running as a necessity.

These are the things I'm excited to do over the summer in no particular order...something to refer back to in the coming weeks.
  • COOK
    • Quinoa Stirfry
    • Angel Food cake with berries
    • Kebabs
    • Pie (my mom makes the best apple pie so I shall steal her recipe)
    • Salmon and Asparagus
    • Ice Cream (um, I really want to make ice cream)
  • DO
    • Grill Out
    • Brunch 
    • Outdoor Movies
    • Museums (especially sitting by the fountain outside the National Gallery)
    • Weekend roadtrips
    • The Gibson (because Alex has NEVER been)
    • Work outdoors (Until it gets too hot...)
  • ATTEND
    • Shows (I think Kelly has some lined up for us)
    • Fitness Classes (NEED BodyPump back in my life)
    • Weddings (Skebes and Mike Johnson might let me be his plus one to some events)
    • Patio/Rooftop Parties
    • Concerts
  • WEAR
    • Sundresses
    • Sandals
    • Floral Prints!
    • Sunglasses (I need to find a pair that doesn't make me look weird)
  • EAT
    • Fro-Yo (this becomes a major food group during the summer)
    • Cupcakes (I haven't been to Georgetown Cupcake yet!)
    • Tomatoes (For tomato sandwiches duh)
    • Salads! (bonus points if they come with feta)
    • Strawberries
    • Coconut
    • Crepes (I <3 avocado, swiss, and tomato crepes from Crepes on the Walk)
  • DRINK
    • Mojitoes...duh (bonus points if they have basil in them...)
    • White wine
    • Hot tea (I switch to drinking black and green tea in the morning during the warmer months (instead of coffee), but it's still hot!)
    • Sweetened/Unsweetened Iced Tea
    • Smoothies! (I need a new blender...)
  • RUN
    • Runventures (to falafels or anywhere!)
    • Night Runs (in search of safe routes, will be easier when it stays light out later)
    • April 5k 
    • June 5k
    • Longer race later (looking for a half marathon, 10k, or 8-miler for maybe the fall!)

2 comments:

  1. There's a trail 10k up here in WV that I was thinking of doing in September. Let me know if you'd like to switch up your running environment and cross a mountain off your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want warm weather and I'm so mad that it got cold again :(. I just want to wear sundresses THIS ISN'T SO MUCH TO ASK FOR!

    ReplyDelete