Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Season For Everything.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the heaven. " Ecclesiastes 3:1


I finally feel safe enough to declare it Fall in DC. There were a few extremely hot days in September when I wondered whether it would ever come. But I think Fall smells distinctively different from Summer and I'm finally finding that scent in the air.

In the Spring, EVERYONE on my newsfeed was getting engaged. Over the summer, EVERYONE was getting married. (These are different EVERYONES, of course.) So far this Fall, I've seen nothing but babies on my newsfeed and I suppose that's fitting because we're less than two months away from baby Ashton's arrival. (Henceforth, likely until I turn 35, the seasons will be known as: rings, weddings, babies, Christmas. Thanks, Facebook.)


A couple of weeks ago we celebrated his upcoming birth with a baby shower for my sister. Here are some pictures from it. All photo credits to Kim's camera. Both Kim and Noel took these pictures. (Noel's dad is the editor of National Geographic so I suppose she takes after him when it comes to picture taking.)


Mom To Be

Presents

Lauren & I

Rick being in charge of the grill

Mom and Dad

Basketball jersey cake courtesy of my coworker's baking business!

Paul & Kim

Mom & Grandma

Cousin Kristin & her daughter Kiera

Noel & Ike (Ike honestly won 3 out of the 4 shower games we played)

Artsy

Pretty

One of my favorite pictures of Court and Gilbert

Family

Kim & Noel

Court & Pepe. I love Pepe so much!


This season feels like it is all about new starts. I have lots of brand new students to work with and am taking on more duties at work, I'm looking forward to a baby nephew soon, and am trying out new things in my free time. It feels like anything could happen and like I have NO idea how ANYTHING is going to turn out. Because of that, it is also a season of learning to trust. Trust the process, trust others, trust myself. All valuable lessons.


1 comment:

  1. "(Henceforth, likely until I turn 35, the seasons will be known as: rings, weddings, babies, Christmas. Thanks, Facebook.)"-- PERFECT. SO TRUE. I LOVE IT.

    Congrats on the upcoming nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete