Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Change and Pollen are in the Air

I think it's inevitable, when you've been in or working in education for as long as I have to feel a little good anxious this time of year. It's graduation time. A time when many milestones are reached, grades come back, and change is in the air. Two years ago, I was excited to graduate, but also anxious about finding a job. Now, I'm anxious for my students and so incredibly proud of all that they have accomplished this year.

I am proud of many of my law student friends graduating this year too. Come Friday, Mike will officially be in the Navy. I can't believe it. After all that it took to get him to this point.....I hope I don't cry at the ceremony. (I likely will.) We have so many celebrations planned for this weekend and I'm trying to talk Mike into taking every advantage of the celebrations before the hard work of Bar study begins. 

Change is coming to my life too....indirectly and directly. I'm planning on moving to a new apartment at the beginning of July. It is less expensive and more room and, even though my commute will be a little bit longer, it will definitely be worth the transition. I'm also starting a part-time nannying gig today that will easily work with my flexible job schedule. Clearly, I like to stay busy. 

While I'll miss the short Spring we're having, I'm so excited for the summer. There is a wedding I'm going to be in, a trip to the beach planned, a move, and I'm sure there will be many more celebrations when Mike is done with the bar! 

It has been a great semester and here are some pictures of some recent adventures/trips:

Ben Folds concert.



MJ and Baby Ashton.

Smiles:)


Loving his hat.


And then pictures from Longwood Gardens....

Add caption


Forget-Me-Nots


Wisteria, I believe...

After we were caught in a downpour...





















4 comments:

  1. Love all the Longwood Pictures so much! We'll have to get you back there when there's not a 50% chance of rain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though the rain gave the trip such character:)

      Delete
  2. That little iphone of yours actually took some pretty good flower pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like to pretend I have a photography blog...

      Delete