Tuesday, August 28, 2012

LIFE UPDATE: Operation #GetKelsToDC a Success!

In the past two weeks, I have:

  • Received and accepted a job offer a university in the Disctrict of Columbia for an academic advising position.
  • Started said job the day after I found out I had gotten it.
  • Lived with Mike while he moved from one location to the city in the other. So I moved with him.
  • Searched LIKE CRAZY for a place to live on my own and went to visit like 5 different places after my days at work.
  • Found a place to live near Fort Totten and signed a 9-month lease! I made this decision completely by myself (okay I may have impulsively emailed a Fort Totten blogger and asked him if I would die if I lived in the area). 
Due to the fact that I am notoriously bad at transitions and change, I'm going to go ahead and give myself an A- for the past two weeks. The minus is for minor mood swings (my reaction towards uncertainty about the future and instability in a routine) which Mike dealt with and handled with class. But I need to mention that I overcame all of this without working out once! Hopefully I will find a gym soon and be able to cope through the change a little bit better.

This is the video Mike sent me when he learned I had my own office. It is sort of relevant.


Too much other stuff has happened and I will definitely add details later, but for now I'll link to one of my favorite blog posts on surviving change:

How To Survive A Major Life Change by one of my favorite bloggers, Ashley!


Here she is guestblogging, but she posts on her own blog here: http://www.edibleperspective.com/

Until later! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, well, well! I seem to remember a tearful conversation at Panera...a beautiful twenty-something convinced that she'd always feel as hopeless as she felt that day...

    I never had a doubt you'd land on your feet. In crazy hot stilettos. Good on you, chica. xx

    ReplyDelete