Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kelly's Brunch/ Valentine's/Mock Trial



So I know I did a poor job of updating the past couple of weekends. This is my attempt to rectify that and catch everything up.


  • Babysitting
    • I've been doing some babysitting on the side to try to make some extra money. A lot of my jobs are last-minute and have been pretty low maintenance (the kids are already asleep and I just watch the baby monitor and play with the animals). This little guy kept me company a couple of weekends ago.
I just love this picture.

  • Kelly's Birthday Brunch
    • I got to see my sister a couple of weekends ago when she came into town for Kelly's birthday brunch. Kelly's birthday brunches are always epic and Mike and I went last year. This year, Kim came too and she managed to get there before I did and then I got called out for her beating me to the event. This past week, Mike and I had dinner with Kellex and cooked fajitas. The real treat of the dinner was getting to see how the pictures on Alex's camera turned out from this event and, let me just say, most of them will not be posted on facebook. However, the ones that make it will be priceless. Happy birthday person! <3
Brunch at Lavagna for Kelly's Birthday!
Kellex.
Typical.

  • Valentine's Date
    • Although Valentine's was during the week this year, Mike and I did a late dinner after work at La Tasca to celebrate. We split sangria and small plates (as is typical) and apparently I was so hungry that I didn't take any pictures. Our waiter was awesome and brought us samples of sangria before we ordered (otherwise I was about to make a huge mistake and not order the mango blackberry!) so Mike left him a good tip. I also got a rose after dinner. As much as I love just staying in and watching Netflix and cooking, it was nice to get out and get dressed up and not have to worry about anything else.

  • Steak & Ice & Silver Linings
    • I've been meaning to make Mike go on an adventure with me for a while, but he's been very busy being awesome at mock trial (I'll explain #mikejohnsonproblems later on in this post). Last Saturday, I tore him away from work for a little to go to Costco (because no one can say no to free samples). Afterwards, we went to Steak & Ice, a new place on H Street by the Taylor Brothers that we've been meaning to try. It was awesome! Suggestions: Get the loaded fries and split a sandwich. They are huge.
Someone got artsy with signs around H Street. I made Mike take this pic for me.

Loaded fries, sauces. The only pic I have from Steak & Ice before we ate everything.
A meal we later made with our Costco bundle. 
  • Mock Trial
    • I make fun of Mike sometimes, but it is out of love. He has had a very busy February semester and all for awesome reasons. For the past four weeks, he was in a mock trial tournament for school and just kept winning so he'd had to do more work in later rounds. His team ended up being 2nd overall! (For those of you not in law school who are reading this, it is a VERY big deal, no matter what he tells you.) Anyway, I never know how he manages to do more on top of more on top of being boyfriend to this high-maintenance girl, but he does. He also inspired me to start using the hashtag #mikejohnsonproblems when describing a situation that is bad only because you have to choose between a good option and a better option or a situation when you keep getting more work because you are so good at something. Example: "Sometimes all you get for 4 weeks of work is making the 11th-ranked mock trial team in the nation and a 2nd place coffee cup."  I know, I know. I'm not that funny. Regardless, there is still a twitter account for this pending.

Rupe being annoyingly cute as I pretend to do work on my computer while Mike actually does work on his.


A video from the Java Hut talent showcase that Mike hosted.


So much to look forward to in the weekend ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment