Friday, February 8, 2013

Last Weekend's Re-Cap


WEEKEND RECAP (Pictures to come!)

I would like to remember what happened last weekend before moving on to this weekend, especially since there were so many noteworthy events!

1) First, I attended Georgetown Law's talent show put on by their residence life staff. As someone who has substantial experience in student programming, I was really impressed with how well attended this event was, especially since it was a Friday night. There was tons of food and themed decorations. Mike was asked to emcee the show and did a wonderful job! I sat with Selena and Emily Goo for most of the show and, while waiting for the show to start, Selena and I succeeded in getting Goo to let us make a pinterest board for her wedding!! My favorite performers in the show include: a guy who could solve 5 rubix cubes in like 2 minutes ONE-handed, a guy who covered Adele's "Someone Like You" who I subsequently stalked in the elevator, Will's (Selena's boyfriend) band, a spoken word poet, and a cover of Country Roads by John Denver (complete with harmonica solo).

After the show, Selena, Goo, and I headed to Dupont Circle for a GGSS party. Highlights of the party were homemade spicy guacamole and peanut butter cup martinis made with peanut butter vodka! Apparently the got the peanut butter-infused vodka in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware from here. It was an awesome girls night out even though parking in Dupont Circle is CRAZY and it was freezing out.

2) Saturday, Mike had a day full of interviews and everyone else seemed to be busy with play stuff so Jeff had the brilliant idea of he and Goo and I going out for brunch together in Eastern Market. Goo named the brunch #soroneryrunch because we all were "so ronery" and I think this will become a regular event. We went to a cute little italian place we had never been to and I ordered a salmon caesar salad. I've been on a caesar salad kick ever since and I normally am not into salads so I guess it was pretty good. After brunch, we got supplies for a paella dinner at the market. We also stopped at a new oil and vinegar shop that has the most marvelous olive oils, jams, pastas, and vinegars (ohmygawd the vinegars!). I have this thing for balsamic vinegar (in that I could probably drink it) so I loved the store. Later that night, we made sausage and chorizo paella and Jeff and Goo hosted an overdue group dinner.

3) Sunday, Kelly hosted a superbowl party and I talked Mike into coming with me even though he had to grade papers for some of it. There were some awesome dishes made by everyone there! Megan made peanut butter pretzel balls, Caitlin made bacon-wrapped tater tots, and Kelly and Alex made a gorgonzola, alfredo, and prosciutto pizza. We kept tabs on the game, periodically read Bleser's tweets about the game, and also kept tabs on the lackluster commercials. My favorite was obviously the clydesdale one.





2 comments:

  1. I thought the commercials this year were much better than last year, but then again I only watched the first half of the game cause I was on a flight during the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clydesdales do rock. Solid choice.

    ReplyDelete