Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Food Trucks and Adventures in Adulthood

This past weekend was a grand one. After work, my youngest sister arrived bringing me lots of goodies from home like coats! (yay fall wordrobe), books, and framed pictures to hang up in my space (some prints of photos she has taken). I know. She's the best.

After her arrival, we immediately headed to Trucktoberfest (a gathering of DC food trucks outside Union Market (a DC Farmers' Market)). We met Alex and Mike there who were already well into their 2nd course. They had already also discovered that sharing is the best way to experience a food truck festival. That way you get to try lots of things:) So Kim and I had some catching up to do. Before the day was over, between all of us, we had tried pork barbeque, a chorizo sausage sub, mango lassi, chicken tacos, ice cream cookie sandwiches, an apple cider float, and beer.


The boys devouring our ice cream cookie sandwiches. My favorite combination was gingersnap with black cherry ice cream.

Aviators....

I think we got extra ice cream because Mike knew the guy who runs the cookie truck. Yay!

Then the ice cream melted. Then Mike told someone to drink it. No takers, so Mike did the job himself.
One apple cider float. Four straws.

On Sunday, I had an adventure taking Rupert to the vet. His tummy had not been feeling well. I hate driving to new places in the city. Rupert hates the vet. It was a recipe for an adventure. 

Mommy, why you do this?

Thankfully, I found the Petsmart okay. There's even a parking garage undereath it! And even though, the trip with Rupert was a little chaotic, I was rewarded by finding a Trader Joe's across the street from the Petsmart! And now I know where the nearest Trader Joe's is to my house. It's technically in Maryland, but that's okay.

Rupert and my Wren building blanket. We were both exhausted after that trip.

Monday was my day off and I went to the doctor as well as the DMV. If you think going to the DMV is bad, it is a whole other bad thing in DC. There is a long story (about how I ended up at the DMV without my cell phone because I thought the police officer was telling me phones weren't allowed inside the building when actually she was probably talking about the swiss army knife on my keychain) that I won't go into that much because it was just so so silly. I did get time to read a book without the distraction of a cell phone, though, and I did get my parking pass for the next 6 months (of course the price was $35.00 higher than listed on the website).

In other news, I had something really exciting happen to me today that I'll hopefully have time to blog about in my next blog post! Get excited:)

No comments:

Post a Comment