Friday, September 21, 2012

Fridays!


It's Friday! We wait the entire week for this day! I'm so excited I can't wait to get off work at 6pm and do all of the things I can't do during the week when I'm working! There's just a little problem. By 6pm, I am absolutely exhausted from working all week. Too exhausted to really take advantage of the first night of the weekend. This isn't how it works in the movies!

In the movies, young, hip working women get off work on a Friday only to make a flawless and instantaneous transition to happy hour. Really? Seriously? At the end of any workday I am in no condition to be seen by other people. All I want to do is drive a traffic-less commute back home, put on some pj's (the ugly, comfy ones) and have no one talk to me for about two hours (because that was all I did at work).

Oh Friday, what am I going to do with you? A mocha latte would fix this, but I am not about to pay $5.00 for that fix. Enter: my favorite mocha knockoff = hot chocolate packet + coffee. And if your office has coffee and you can find a hot chocolate packet in a lobby or cafeteria somewhere, it is free. Yay!

So I will ride this caffeine and sugar wave until I get off off work with (hopefully) enough energy leftover to run home to do the adult things of laundry and dishes, and then put myself together enough for a happy hour. And then I will get home and in bed in time to get a reasonable amount of sleep because guess who has her first Saturday office hours tomorrow? This girl. Oh, yes.

But my youngest sister will be visiting tomorrow after I get off work so that will get me through the 7am wakeup:)

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment