Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pumpkin & Sweaters & Boots, OH MY.

Warning: Today is the first day of Fall. Prior to today I had to carefully control and moderate my use of the following: sweaters, boots, drape-y scarves, molasses, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and an autumnal color palette, getting my hopes up about the Redskins. (Thank you, Davia for appreciating the restraint that went into my "transition to Fall" outfit. last night. But TODAY I am officially allowed to go crazy on all of the above (and I WILL believe in you Redskins!). Yes, for the next 3 months (or however long until it snows in DC), I plan on jumping in leaves, wearing sweaters and scarves, curling up with books in coffee shops that graciously feed my pumpkin spice latte addiction, listening to harry potter soundtracks, and spending every second possible outside running, walking, skipping, etc. (I already warned some that Fall Kelsey can be a little MPDG, so consider yourselves fairly warned too.)

See. I even had to take a picture this morning. No. Restraint.

To kick off the season, I would like to offer a list of some of my go-to favorite ways to cook with pumpkin! Besides the pancakes, I already shared, these recipes are a lot better because they are actual recipes written and tested by other people (many from my favorite blogger, Angela at Oh She Glows). These are some healthy and easy ways to start off with. We may get a little more advanced later in the season.







Thanks to Oh She Glows and Cookin' Cowgirl for making it easier for me to get my pumpkin fix. 

Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment