Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Wedding Season Begins...

I guess I'm at the age where I will be going to an increasing amount of wedding events per year for like maybe the next 5 years... This past weekend was a double header with Sara's bridal shower on Saturday afternoon and Mike's high school friend Zibby's wedding that same evening. (Fortunately, they were within driving distance apart.)

We arrived the night before so that Mike could wake up Zibby on the morning of her wedding by blasting bagpipes outside her room. This was all planned out secretly and perfectly executed. 
I left for Sarah's bridal shower later Saturday afternoon and realized that I had completely lost my ability to navigate backroads  as well as my GPS stopped working so it was an adventure getting to the shower. At one point I forded a river and there were miles on gravel roads where I thought I might miss both weddings events.
Such pretty roads to cause such intense anxiety.

Later that evening it was time for Zibby's wedding. She had a gorgeous service in a small traditional chapel and a reception overlooking the VA mountains.

Bride's and groom's cakes.

View of the mountains from the reception.

In the reception tent.
Mike and I at the reception.

The next day (after a long night of driving back into the city), I had a Color Me Rad 5K date with one of my closest friends from high school, Lauren! I could not run due to a foot injury so we walked all 3 miles getting blasted with color along the way. Lauren and I didn't care as we had endless numbers of things to talk about on those 3 miles and could have talked for 10 (that's how it is whenever we get together). It was so fun and maybe next time I can even run!


We survived!

Lauren's boyfriend, Bobby, held our bags during the race.

Later that evening, Mike and I decided to do dinner and a movie because we had been wanting to take me to WiseGuys Pizza which is new near Chinatown. Apparently the best pizza in the city according to Mike, I could not argue with that after tasting it. Their 'buffalo chicken pizza' amazingly tastes just like buffalo wings, but better. I opted for mozzarella and basil with lots of tomato sauce obviously. Then we went to see "This Is The End", the new movie by Seth Rogen and co. It can't really be explained, but it is laugh out loud funny, weird, and shocking. The ending is the absolute best.

WiseGuys. New fave pizza spot.

So a busy weekend meetings tons of new friends and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! Going to try to build some relaxing moments into my workweek.


No comments:

Post a Comment