Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy tired.

I've had two exhausted weekends in a row, but all due to tons of fun.

I've been babysitting a lot for the most adorable babies. It's also not a bad side job to supplement the paycheck. (DC is so expensive.) I went home for a Memorial Day cookout and had some awesome homemade barbecue courtesy of my stepdad. I really wish I could replicate it, but I'm just not good at cooking meat (it requires patience because eating it undercooked could potentially kill) so I'm going to let that be MJ's department.

Other new developments: I started a new position at work. It is basically the same, but with a different student caseload. Imagine getting to know 250 students over the course of 9 months and then forget everything because you just have to learn 250 new students all over again. It's......a lot.

Mike started his summer internship and has a 9-5ish schedule. This is really weird after an exam period where he was working on something every evening and weekend. And it has been so nice. I still haven't gotten used to it. There is also a lot less pressure on Mike now as he has (basically......pending medical clearance) landed a job as a navy lawyer after graduation. (I know that seems so far away, but think about how quickly this school year went by!) The real term for this is JAG. I brag about Mike all the time so I have no problem saying that I'm so incredibly proud and excited for him because there was essentially a 4% chance of him getting this job. It was also the only job he wanted. The navy is so lucky to have him and I know he will look super cute in his uniform. (Side note: My sorority's symbol is an anchor and now I have even more reason to stock up on nautical-themed everything.)

I've also started going to a gym again. I've been to Bodypump again twice since joining the gym and am so excited to start feeling strong again! I also believe I may have a stress fracture in my foot that will keep me sidelined from running for a while so hopefully the gym will provide alternative options.

I saw from friends from high school last night and, whenever I get together with them, it is like no time has passed at all. I love that feeling.

I'm finding out that Mike and I have quite the summer of weddings coming up and I'm excited to take some time off in the coming months to celebrate milestones in the lives of our friends.

That's everything that's been going on and here are some pictures!

Mike sitting in traffic on the way to the country. This is why I'm glad I don't live in NOVA and why I'm glad Mike was driving!

First he built me a closet and now baby shelves to hold makeup. I almost cried.

Ben's Chili Bowl is THE ONLY WAY to end a night at U street.

Gelati from Steak & Ice. Go there now. You have no idea.

Thank You card from one of my students who works at Louis Vuitton. So sweet.

Harper trying to be sneaky behind Mike's new Fez (Doctor Who hat).




My goal is to stay present in this work week and not just wait for it to end:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment