Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer in DC


It's starting to really feel like summer! I know summer classes started at my university a week or so ago and Mike has been out of school for a couple of weeks, but the fact that I've been traveling a lot these past two weekends makes summer seem more real. (Summer for me always means more traveling for weddings, cookouts, visits to friends and family, and vacations.) Other things are making it feel like summer too:

Baseball: On Wednesday, Mike and I met up with some friends at Nats Stadium to watch baseball. While neither Mike nor I are very into baseball, tickets are normally pretty cheap and it's a perfect place to meet up with friends during the week. Mike and I happen to be really into all of the food options at the ball park and opted for bbq, sweet potato fries, and custard. Also, it seems that everyone goes to Nats games so you will likely run into people from college, the office, etc. Now if the Nats could just start winning when I'm there!

Nats field.
Caitlin was hilarious when I tried to take this picture telling me that there was no way she could look attractive in it because she was sitting right beside me. But she definitely looks beautiful and the picture would be incomplete without her!
L to R: Matt, Cori, Dustin, Alex, Kelly, Caitlin. 
Nights out. It's harder to have nights out during the law school year, so I was glad to meet up with Mike after work on Friday for dinner and a night at the Keegan Theatre to see The Full Monty. (I'd found inexpensive tickets online a while ago and it had good reviews.) The Keegan's in Dupont Circle and when I found out it was also National Donut Day and that the only Krispy Kreme in the city is at Dupont Circle, I knew we'd have to stop by and get an appetizer of free donuts. We followed that with dinner at "ShopHouse" (spicy rice and noodle bowls) before the show.

Mike and his free donut.

The show was really awesome! I loved it so much: the actors, the music, the script, the comedy, the message (there was a lot about positive body image in there). It was a super long show, but I was laughing/crying until the very end.

Museums. Shannan and David were also in the city this weekend. David's studying for the bar while Shannan job searches. We went to a crepe place for brunch (that we discovered with them last summer when they were both in the city) and went to museums after. That is very much a summer routine for us: brunch and museums....and it felt good to spend a weekend in the city finding routine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment