Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sisterhood

The other day, I woke up to texts of this:






Apparently Kim went home for a concert and stopped by to see Courtney and my mom. And then (almost certainly) Courtney demanded a photo shoot with Kim before she left.

As sisters, we have been through a lot together and, although it sounds corny, there are definitely certain things that only they understand. Mike will say the most hilarious thing ever and he won't get why it's funny at all. Looking for justification for my cracking up, I know all I have to do is text it to my sisters and in 2 seconds they've responded in LOLZ telling me that Mike is the funniest person ever. He just really is. (Sidenote: when my sisters text me for advice, they've now taken to immediately asking me after I give advice: "But what does Mike think?")

There have been a lot of changes to our family over the years and we've grown closer through them all. There's another new change coming our way in November. Court is going to have a baby boy and I'm going to be an aunt (wow!). Along with group texts, sharing clothes, and random photo shoots, come other more advanced sisterly duties like: throwing the baby shower.

I obviously am no help when it comes to the having-a-baby part (and Courtney would tell you I'm less than able to handle talking about things like labor, etc), so I figured I could contribute in a helpful way by throwing the baby shower! Things I've learned: baby showers are no joke and people have expectations! Here's how I'm hoping not to wreck it:

Step 1: Decide on a theme:

  • Easy. It will obviously be basketball.


Step 2: Order cute invitations from Etsy:
Step 3: Make sure everyone has enough food.
  • Having a cake made. Make sure there are plenty of options.
Step 4: Buy a present!
  • I obviously wanted to show Court (and the blog) what I got already, but she wants it to be a surprise so we'll have to wait for the shower....(BUT I LOVE IT) (I've showed it to the roommates and apparently he won't be able to wear it for a year, but whatever:)......)

ALSO: Expect a ranting post later this week or this weekend about the unhealthy judgment of the bodies of pregnant women in our society. (I've had lots of words building up as I've seen articles judging Kate's post-baby body.) Get excited!

IN THE MEANTIME: If you've had any experience with diaper raffles, we should talk....






No comments:

Post a Comment