Monday, July 22, 2013

Wedding Season: Chapel Hill Edition

It stopped being rainy in DC and just started being plain hot...every day. Mike and I were glad to escape the city for another wedding weekend (2 weekends ago)...this time in Chapel Hill so we also got to see his family! 

On the drive down. Standstill traffic, so I decided to record my frustration.
Mike is such a trooper for driving through that. 


Mike's mom and sister know the best places to eat in Chapel Hill so we are routinely spoiled when they choose where to eat. Dinner on Friday was our first experience with Bento boxes (Mike, his sister, and I all ordered this for our entree) and they were insanely good. I was the first to finish mine because it was that good. We also had a mint ice cream (made with real mint so a really interesting flavor) and chocolate wafers. Mike and I hung out with Rachel and her friends later that night where we realized that we have aged quite a bit since college.

The next day Mike, his mom, and I had an awesome vegetarian lunch and then went shopping at  HUGE indoor/outdoor mall which was overwhelming in a good way because I can't remember the last time I've been to one. There were so many amazing stores, but we spent the most time in Brookstone trying out all of the massage chairs and tempur-pedic mattress toppers. I also bought red lipstick which it took me no less than an hour to pick out.


Then it was time for the wedding. Tyler (a friend of Mike's from Woodberry) I had only met once and this was the first time I was meeting Bitsy. Their wedding was in a beautiful old chapel near UNC's campus. We were very fond of the organ. The reception followed at Bitsy's parents house. Despite drizzly weather early on, it cleared up and the party continued late into the night. The food was really really amazing. The cake was strawberry shortcake-ish and there was blueberry pie too.


Bitsy and Tyler welcoming everyone to the wedding.

All of the Woodberry boys. 
Right after the wedding, Mike had his medical clearance day for Navy JAG. Of all of the things he was worried about, having to get a waiver for hearing was not one of them. He posted more about it on his blog, but it was a bit of a stressful week trying to figure out what the waiver process meant where both of us googled too much about medical clearance. We're feeling better about it now and late last week decided to go out to dinner to Vendetta on H street. The had an incredible ambience, bocce ball courts in the restaurant?, and their house-marinated olives were amazing.

Mike, prosecco, olives.

I'll post shortly about this past weekend, but hope everyone has a happy Monday! I've already been to bodypump class todaywhere some guy brought his dachsund dog in (who was extremely well-behaved and perhaps a service dog?) and apparently a royal baby is on its way.... looks like the week is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment