Monday, October 21, 2013

Lately


We are about 2 and a half weeks away from the show. My weeks have consisted of work and rehearsals and my weekends consisted of a weekly cast party and building the set. I value sleep more than almost any other thing at this point. Sleep and protein....because I've been dancing a lot and also trying to keep up my bodypump routine. I've been told that tomorrow evening is our last off until after the show ends so I stocked up on vitamins, meds, and quick meals at Costco the other day. There has been no time to cook and I'd like to stop eating out. Briefly, here's what else I've been up to/have been able to fit into the schedule!
  • The Shakespeare Theatre Company!
    • Mike bought us a subscription to The Shakespeare Theatre Company's 2013-2014 season! The subscription makes the cost per ticket about $18/person (for 6 shows) which is an amazing deal considering the production quality of the shows. Such a deal and experience! I didn't even care that I wasn't into Shakespeare that much! (They actually do shows that aren't Shakespeare too.) Although I do like the stories, I've never been a fan of the Shakespearean English. Mike swore to me that if I didn't like the way this company did Shakespeare, then he would leave it alone. First for the season was Measure for Measure. They set the show in late 1920s/early 1930s which is coincidentally THE EXACT TIME PERIOD Cabaret is set in. Although I still had some trouble understanding the dialogue, the show was amazing and thought-provoking. I can't wait for the rest of the season!
    • Fave Quote: "I am a kind of burr; I shall stick."
  • Sriracha
    • Do yourself a favor. Buy this and put it on everything ESPECIALLY lasagna, pizza (from Wise Guys if you're awesome), burgers, italian, etc.....It's hard to go wrong. MJ and I have a secret stash of the stuff, but I'm contemplating getting my own for work.
  • Parks and Rec
    • There are new episodes on Netflix which I may have spoiled for Zan and Absi at Absi's "Halloweentown" party, but I still think they'll enjoy it! (Side note: If you don't know what Halloweentown is, I just can't help you.)
  • Family group texting
    • Court's pregnancy has made group texting the favorite mode of communication in my family. She is now in her final month so Court likes to send pictures of her growing belly every couple of days with a caption that says something akin to "When does it stop? It can't get bigger" and "Can't sleep, too large"...She also sends pictures of pretty much everything she's bought for Ashton. I love this play by play because it lets me feel like we're all experiencing this together.
  • Protein/Veggies
    • I know the emergence of Fall is normally my cue to eat every pumpkin flavored thing in sight and to fall in love with cappuccinos and nutella lattes all over again, but this Fall is a bit different. TJ's, the mecca of Fall-themed goodies, is now further away than Costco, where I only have to say no to the 2 gallon pack of vanilla ice cream and a a 5lb bag of chocolate chips. It was very sad having to leave the store without these last time, but for the best. With all of the dancing and late nights we've had, it's become even more important to eat healthy or your body starts to rebel. Mike and I both turn into awkward zombies when we haven't been sleeping well. It's also flu season. Plus, we have about 3 more weeks of rehearsals and tech every. single. day so I figure we can use all the sleep, vitamins, veggies, water, and protein we can get.
  •  Playing Dress Up
    • I've been enjoying the new cool weather with tights, boots, and coats, but I've also enjoyed dressing up for the cast parties every weekend. I love fall fashion, but between professional clothes and workout clothes, I don't get to experiment with a lot. At least with the parties, I have an excuse to wear all of the dresses I rationalize to myself that I need.
  • Weekends that become a blur
    • In the past few weekends MJ and I were able to:
      • Go to all the cast parties (including hosting one)
      • Get dinner with my Little, Jenny (Mike met her for the first time!)
      • Spend our weekend day hours building sets (me) or practicing for mock trial (him)
      • Go to a Shakespeare show
      • Attend part of a Star Wars marathon
      • Go to Absi's Halloweentown party
    • At the end, our sense of time is warped and we're left wondering how the weekend is gone (or  is that just me?), but then we realize how we did end up getting everything done that needed to be done and we had some quality moments with friends along the way.
  • These are all the pictures I've taken lately
MVM, Justine, me, Mike, Josh

Me, Mike, and Josh not ready for the pictures

With Bethany. Tribe Pride. 

And of course one with Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment