Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bahston

This past weekend, Mike and I flew to Boston to meet up with Emily Goo and a group of people from DC. The purpose of the weekend was primarily to see Catching Fire in costume with Goo and to see her mom in The Mikado, but it also ended up being a celebration of Jeff's birthday, a celebration of Sara and Jeff's anniversary, a reunion with more friends of Mike's that I had never met before (of the Tragedy! variety), an opportunity to meet Mike's aunt and uncle near Kendall Square, and forcing Goo to introduce us to her childhood stomping grounds.

Things I learned over the course of not-even-48-hours in Boston:
  • I actually don't like flying, but we flew back from Boston in only an hour so I want to go back and visit everyone!
  • Wigs are pretty uncomfortable especially if you've never worn one before.
  • I'm probably buying Catching Fire on DVD to watch again and again.
  • I actually like real cannoli, but only the real kind with a soft pastry and plenty of ricotta-y filling. 
  • Eggnog still tastes just as delicious before Thanksgiving.
  • Being able to be weird for your friends for an entire weekend is such a gift.
  • Ben is really good at photobombing.
  • I don't know how to work really fancy dinners. (I have this intense urge to pretend I'm a food blogger and take pictures of everything because the dishes are so pretty, but apparently phones are not for fancy dinners...says Mike.)
  • The cold wind of Boston is not a viable choice for air-drying your hair after a shower. Pack a blow-dryer.
  • I love the Boston accent! I'm also pretty sure something like 50% of Bostonian males are named Mike.
  • Concord is incredibly cute and is pronounced 'conquered' and not 'con-chord' says Emily Goo.
  • I still ramble too much when meeting new people. Sorry Uncle Bob and Auntie Deb!:)
Now onto the pictures:

Effie Trinket and Caesar Flickerman. We were short on time and could not go full out because of the fancy dinner beforehand, but I'm so glad I captures a picture of us like this. It cracks me up.

Peeta, Jennifer Lawrence, and Katniss.


Sara was 'Johanna' and I love that color of wig on her! Nice photobomb, Ben.

Haymitch Abernathy. No one does 'drunk role' better than Josh.

I love their faces when I forced them to take a picture for me at the fancy restaurant:) L to R: Mike is pouting, Josh is smirking, Ben is like 'really?', Goo loves it, Jeff is pleased with his ostrich, Sara is judging me.

First trip on the "T" with our Charlie cards. 
Effie selfie. I want my flower headband to be seen!

What's planned for this weekend? Mike and I are headed to VA to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and then helping a friend move on Saturday. Hopefully lots of rest somewhere in there. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment