Friday, November 22, 2013

S'mores & Ashton

Last weekend, there was a reunion of sorts with the cabaret people. Still coming off our show high, we got together for a low-key evening of spiked cider and hot chocolate, Muppet Christmas Carol, s'mores, and sweets. Ben helped me get things together because Mike had to work late and Jeff and Sara were at a show that evening. We had a blast even if there were WAY too many people to sit comfortable and watch a movie together. We still made due:) Although, I wish we didn't have so many leftover marshmallows!

Charlie Brown Christmas tree that Mike ordered for me!

First tastings of the hot chocolate.

Daniel trying to eat a s'more without making a huge mess (impossible) and Xander looking on in horror.

The next day after I got done with Saturday office hours, Mike and I journeyed home to finally meet Baby Ashton. I know it may SEEM that I'd met him already with all of the pics of him I've been instagramming, but those were all stolen. By the way, the pic don't even do him justice. He is so cute! I wish you could see how strong he is when he wriggles and hear him sigh. He's really good at sighing. And super strong! And he looks kinda big and muscular, but he's small and oh so light. He definitely weighs less than Rupert does (how's that for a cat lady comparison?). Can we talk about what a miracle birth is? And breastfeeding? Okay, maybe let's not talk about it, but my mind is still blown when I think that my sister carried him for 9 months.

Baby Ashton sleeping.

First Redskins game.
Auntie and baby.
My mom crocheted both of us this William and Mary blanket. Mike has grown attached to it.

My mom crocheted Mike and me a blanket (it's William and Mary colors) and I wanted you guys to see it, but this is the only picture I have of it (sorry, Mike). Mike has been hogging it, so I might need to put in a request for my own:)

Sorry this post is mostly pictures, but it's probably a good change of pace from my normal blog posts:) In less than 15 minutes, I'm driving to the airport to go to Boston for the weekend with Josh, Emily Goo, Ben, Jeff, Sara, and Mike. We're going to see Catching Fire and Goo's mom in The Mikado and I can't wait to tell all of the inevitable stories I'll have when I get back to DC.

Have a safe and fun weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment