Saturday, October 25, 2014

Adjustments and Pictures

I recently started seeing a chiropractor for some chronic issues with my neck that started sometime during college cheerleading. Because my job involves a lot of travel and constant laptop use, I think some of these issues were aggravated and I started needing massages more than once a month and their effects would not last that long when I got them. This is what brought me to trying out a nearby wellness center and I'm glad I did. It turns out that the treatment plans there incorporate massage, chiropractic, and physical therapy. So on a normal visit I start with a half hour of massage, an adjustment, and physical therapy that is targeted toward strengthening my weaker areas (we focus on good form, core to supports back, balance, and posture). I'm not sure how much I believe yet that chiropractic care can alone treat issues, but I know the combination is making me feel better thus far and costs me way less than an hour massage. Glad my Carefirst is helpful for something.

On to pictures from the past few weeks!!

Mike being handy and hanging a mirror we got from my mom's house!

Mike's first apple baking adventure. (Yes, Mike.) Apple cobbler/crisp/crumble? It does really matter because it was delicious. After this experiment, I asked Mike if he wanted to become a regular baking contributor. He said he was fine with never doing it again; he just wanted to prove to me that he could:)


This tree is now leave-less, but a few weeks ago, it was the most rebellious little tree.

This is what most of Rupe's days consist of. He has a chipmunk friend who like to come straight up to the window and taunt him, but I think they like each other.

From a GGSS pool party we went to last weekend. Mike didn't want me to take this picture, but then I showed him how ripped he looked and he let me keep it.

A giant bear they are now selling in Costco. It's so big that I didn't even have to talk MJ down from buying it.

What to choose?!?!

We got shrimp and grits, gumbo, and the pumpkin bourbon bread pudding for dessert!

After the 5k we ran last weekend with Sarah...

When life gives you burnt cookies, remember icing fixes all. We may or may not have scraped the soft pillow-y bits of cookie tops off and combined with icing in a family-style desert sharing at Josh's last dinner party. 


We're looking forward to a busy next couple of weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment