Thursday, October 2, 2014

AH IT'S OCTOBER! (And I've gotten things done!)

So just like that September is gone and, because a lot actually did happen this month, I wanted to take the time to appreciated the things I was able to cross off my list!

1) CLEANED OUT CLOSET: I cleaned out my closet and consigned/donated some clothes! Of course, I also bought some new fall clothes, but I feel like I was overdo for an update since my job is more casual than my wardrobe was prepared for.

2) SIGNED UP FOR ANOTHER RACE: Mike and I signed up for another 5k in October that our friend Sarah is running in and also I'm planning on running a Christmas 5k in December. With our 10k in November, we're pretty booked on races.

3) GRILLED OUT: We made bison burgers one night which were delicious and also attended an outdoor pig roast on a roof this past weekend!

4) TOOK DRESS FOR ALTERATIONS

5) I MADE CHILI AND (pumpkin) CORNBREAD! It was delicious.

6) STARTED READING AGAIN. I finished The Goldfinch and just started Gone Girl. 

7) FAMILY MEETING. Mike and I had a "family meeting" about the wedding. Family meetings are my designated weekly times to bring up all the ideas/questions/concerns/random thoughts I have during the week that aren't exactly helpful to bring up THAT SECOND and might require a lot of discussion (my strength, Mike's weakness). We like to pair them with food and a beverage and actually got a lot of small (but IMPORTANT!) decisions taken care of:) All chores are easier with snacks.

I've also had a ton going on at work (listen to one of my students in this NPR story that my organization was able to connect him to: http://www.marketplace.org/topics/education/learningcurve/how-small-financial-setbacks-can-derail-college-plansand so I'm sure I can also add spending a ton of money on coffee to this list, but coffee is more enjoyable in the Fall:)

During October, I'm looking forward to a visiting family on some weekends (Ashton is almost kinda walking!), seeing Gone Girl in theaters once I finish it, seeing some shows with friends, . Still trying to figure out costumes, though. Can 't believe it's only a month and a half till MJ leaves for ODS!

November 1st, I also have my 2nd (and possibly final) dress fitting, so October will also be filled with lots of healthy eats and working out:)

Still accepting blog names and will be deciding on one maybe at our next family meeting:).


No comments:

Post a Comment