Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kimberly J. Brown Strikes Again.

Although Mike and I have both been very busy with work (he's editing something for his contract job in which someone made a lot of mistakes and I had two new coworkers start training this past week), we did have manage to make time for some fun last week.

Thursday:

We went to see Marie Antoinette at Wooly Mammoth Theatre with some friends. Neither of us had been to Wooly Mammoth before. It was a good show, but kinda scary in ways that maybe don't scare people who go to Wooly all the time? There were masks and guillotines and creepy characters. Kinda put me in the mood for Halloween! Before the show, we had Pho for dinner and I got something our waiter recommended for me (as usual) and it was delicious! We did make room for some Rita's afterward too (their pumpkin pie blendini is actually legit).

Friday:

We were excited to attend Abis's annual Halloweentown party. Although the adult in me who works full-time is always completely depleted of energy by Friday evening, nothing motivates you to go out like the anticipation of introducing a Disney Channel classic to a group of English graduate students who may have never experienced the movie. All the cookies, candy corn, and spiked apple cider in the world could not make the acting any better! Thanks Absi for another successful showing:)

Saturday:

Saturday, we completed the first of Mike's track workouts that he is doing every weekend until ODS to make sure he can predict what his performance on the fitness test will be. He already passes every mark killing it on the running portion, but I like serving as his coach/cheerleader while timing him through specific sets. After a 1.5 mile run at racing pace, 2 minutes of times push-ups, and 2 minutes of timed crunches, he also completed a full Bodypump class after. Later, Mike made stew to take to a sick coworker (from Trinity). Afterwards, we went to see Gone Girl in Chinatown. Highly recommend for girls who have read the book and their significant others who haven't! May not be the BEST thing to watch right before you get married haha, but it definitely put me in the Halloween mood. I'm still not a fan of Ben Affleck. Also, if you're thinking of reading the book before seeing it, I also recommend that! It's a super quick read and will make the movie even more enjoyable for you.

Sunday:

Yesterday, I went to my favorite place to be on a Fall weekend in the city: Eastern Market. I bought spaghetti squash, a cucumber, and honeycrisp apples for the week, and I resisted buying the cutest handmade pencil pouch ever. Hope to go back and buy a lot of our Christmas presents there! Then, I met up with Alicia at The Pound to go over wedding picture stuff. She asked me a lot of hard questions that I had not thought of yet. I'm definitely more of a 'planner' than a 'go-with-the-flow' person, but there is so much happiness that will be happening around that time (wedding/christmas/NYEreunion/birthday) that I can only really muster a "YAY!" about everything. Yay! It doesn't really matter if we don't get every picture or if everything goes wrong because (yay) we're getting married and (yay) our family will be there and (yay) I will make Mike watch the Santa Clause with my family and (yay) twinkle lights. That's basically my only train of thought right now. I'm glad I have friends who can ask me questions about l logistics and that Alicia is going to be there to record all the yay.

Things happening this week:

  • The Walking Dead premiere!
  • My first visit to a chiropractor to see it helps with some mild, but persistent neck/back/shoulder issues
  • One of our last calm weekends before one or both of us is traveling somewhere every weekend until MJ leaves for ODS :(((


No comments:

Post a Comment