Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's Mike's Last Week!

It's Tuesday of Mike's last week at home before ODS. Typing it makes it a little more real. He leaves this Saturday which also happens to be the day of my girls' brunch that Kelly is throwing for me. So I'm glad we scheduled that perfectly. I'll be so happy to see some out-of-town friends and to partake in bottomless brunching that I may forget that I won't see Mike again until 2 days before we get married. #itseemedlikeanokayideaatthetime Truth be told, I think it will make the wedding even more special and I tell Mike that I'm excited to take over his desk when he leaves and to keep everything super clean and to have pinterest crafting parties judgment-free:) I will miss that guy, though. Here are some pictures of our adventures over the past couple of weeks.


Jenny's Halloween Party. Check out the spread! No one can out-Pinterest Jenny and her mom.



Hahahha. Mike will hate me for this. The time I tried to convince Mike that we should dress up as Anna and Elsa for Halloween. #imadeitweird


What we actually were for Halloween: Elmo and Cookie Monster. We basically stole these hats from Kelly and Alex and got way more compliment on our "costumes" from strangers than was expected. I guess people love Sesame Street,



My first Woodberry Forest production. Wow, the things GGSS could do with their budget. I'm hoping I convinced the department director to do Newsies in the Spring! #perfectforallboysschool



Then we went home to Ashton's birthday party and Mike helped me mom set up her own Netflix profile. #mikeexplainsthetechnologies



Beautiful fall run with plenty of leaf confetti. #stayawaywinter

The Last Bison concert at Jammin Java. They have a legit menu and I'd love to go back!



A little blurry, but cute photo of Mike and Ashton on his first birthday:)


Ashton and I when I went home for Lauren's engagement party.


This week, Mike and I are planning on fitting in lots of time together before he leaves. We see "As You Like It" tonight along with Josh at Shakespeare Theater Company. We are watching The Santa Clause on Thursday with Absi because we MUST watch it together before he leaves. We watched our last Walking Dead and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Doctor Who episodes together (ahhhhhhhhh tearssss). Mike's mom is coming up to visit on Friday/Saturday and we're having an early Christmas together (since Mike is spending Christmas with my family this year). And we are continuing to go to BODYPUMP/running until he leaves. I joke that our regular BODYPUMP instructors will probably think Mike and I broke up since we always go to class together. 

ALSO: I'm going to keep blogging here (I think) until Mike gets back, but our new blog is going to be at kelsandmike.blogspot.com (domain jackpot) and we both decided on the name "Hold Tight and Pretend It's a Plan" which is one of our favorite sayings from Doctor Who and also feels like the theme of this season of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment