Friday, November 28, 2014

Skills I've Learned Since MJ Left


Does anyone else feel overflowing with love and peace around Thanksgiving or just me? Maybe it's because it's the start of the holiday season or the fact that there truly is power in gratitude, but I've been feeling extra thankful. I've also felt a heightened awareness of all of the hurt going on in the world, and am seeking out opportunities to GIVE during this season.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn some new skills since MJ left:
  • Light candles using matches (haven't had to do this since HS Chem and it still scares me!)
  • Take Out the Trash
  • Cook For One  Eat for Two
  • Insert a gif into an email
  • How to get Ashton to stop crying (I'm really proud of this one considering how many diapers I've changed)
  • Reaching out to others for help (One of the hardest parts of having MJ gone is not having my best friend there to constantly vent to/help me make decisions/help me wedding plan, but I've learned to reach out to other friends and family and to ask for help when I need it)
  • To navigate the free weight area of the gym (Since it got cold out, I've wanted to mix up my fitness routine from bodypump+running outside >>> indoor cardio+ weightlifting...it's been a fun new challenge since I feel like I have some more time)
Now on to pictures!

Loose leaf tea present from Michael James! He has had special presents delivered to me since he's been gone with help from Amazon and an accomplice that I'm pretty sure is our new roommate, Josh.

Official!

Khakis! 
Rupe loves our new Christmas tree.

Maybe too much.

I had to get a Mr.&Mrs. ornament!

And of course the Charlie Brown tree!

With his "insignias".

Give thanks.

Auntie and Ashton.

Me, Courtney, sleepy Ashton.


No comments:

Post a Comment